Welcome to CRIMSOC: The Journal of Social Criminology
- Last Updated on Friday, 09 September 2016 20:18
CRIMSOC: The Journal of Social Criminology is a peer-reviewed international online academic journal dedicated to research in the area of front line services, criminological inquiry and sharing ideas in justice. The journal accepts papers on academic theory or professional practice relevant to all areas of criminology. CRIMSOC also publishes books and reports.
CRIMSOC is now aligned with West Virginia University: http://soca.wvu.edu/
This includes both the Dept. of Sociology & Anthropology and the Research Center on Violence at WVU: http://soca.wvu.edu/centres
Waterside Press - a leading independent publisher of crime and punishment based in the UK - will be publishing CRIMSOC The Journal of Social Criminology with Dr. Liam Leonard of California State University Los Angeles as Founding Executive Editor and Dr. Paula Kenny as Review Editor. We are pleased to welcome Dr. Walter DeKeseredy of WVU as our Co-Editor. Follow these links for details of the journal's Aims and Objectives, Editorial Review Board and Patrons.
The following books and reports have been published by CRIMSOC:
1. Rob White & Liam Leonard (2014) Green Criminology: CRIMSOC 1
2. Liam Leonard (2015) Ferguson: Criminal Justice, Media and Race, CRIMSOC 2
3. Lynne Wrennall (2015) Paid Pipers & Take Physic Pomp: Confronting the Problems Associated with Experts in the Justice System, CRIMSOC 3
4. Walter DeKeseredy and Liam Leonard (2015) Gender, Victimology, Restorative Justice, CRIMSOC 4
5. Haines, A. Perkins, E. Whittington, R. (2016) "Pathologising Youth Development and Risk"CRIMSOC Report 5 CRIMSOC 5:
6. Mohammad Ashraful Alam & Mahmuda Akter (2016) Torture in Police Custody in Bangladesh: An Exploration of Human Rights Violation CRIMSOC Report 6 CRIMSOC 6